Thursday, March 11, 2010

More of what I believe

Yesterday I posted the quote about political correctness on this blog and on my Facebook account. One of my high school teachers, whom I made contact with on Facebook, replied that I have really become a "right-winger."

I posted a reply without giving it much thought. I stated some of my beliefs that may or may not have painted an accurate picture of me.

Here is a more comprehensive list of my beliefs in no particular order:

  1. I believe that the Bible is the word of God.
  2. I believe in God, and Jesus was sent here to save us from ourselves
  3. I believe the Constitution is still relevant today. The founding fathers knew what they were doing
  4. I believe in giving a hand up, not a hand out. We all fall on hard times.
  5. I do not believe the role and responsibility of government is to take care of me or anyone else.
  6. I believe that when government coddles people just because someone hurt their feelings we foster an environment of dependence not independence
  7. I believe that we ALL have a responsibility to take care of the planet we live on. It is our responsibility to manage the resources given us by God.
  8. I do not believe that Genetic Modification is a good thing.
  9. I believe that the over use of chemicals in all phases of our lives is putting our health in jeopardy.
  10. I believe in the dignity of all human kind.
  11. I believe that life begins at conception, and abortion is nothing more than premeditated murder.
  12. I believe that if you are doing something that doesn't affect anyone else it isn't any of my or anyone else business. So go ahead and smoke a joint, I don't care. If you are gay, fine, I don't care. So you want to green hair, I don't care. So you want to….. I don't care. Just do not ask me to accept your behavior as normal. When you don't get a job because of your appearance or you can't pass a drug test, don't blame me or the rest of society for your choices. See #17 below.
  13. I believe that the large chemical companies are trying all they can to control the worlds food supply.
  14. I believe that we all need to have a minimum of 3 months food and supplies stored for whatever natural or manmade disaster occurs. This also includes falling on hard times, when those stored food supplies will be there to help get through said hard times.
  15. I believe in the value of hard work.
  16. I believe that there are winners and losers. Too many people have been taught that everyone is a winner and never learn that sometimes things just don't go your way.
  17. I believe that life is about choices. The choices we make today will impact us tomorrow and the next day and the day after that.
  18. I believe that family is only second to God.
  19. I believe that we must explore and exploit alternative energy sources.
  20. I believe that we should never put animals (fish, birds, dogs, cats, wildlife… you get the point) ahead of humans. The endangered species act is all about making humans endangered. Just so you aren't confused read #7 above.
  21. I believe that there is little difference between the Democrats and Republicans in Washington.
  22. I don't believe that immigration is a bad thing. I think everyone that comes to this country to work should be allowed to have a work visa. That would require employers to pay a fair wage for the hard manual labor often accomplished by the illegal immigrants. Maybe if a fair wage were paid, more citizens would take the jobs, thus making it less of an opportunity for immigrants. It would also put all of these workers fully on the tax rolls.
  23. I believe that we all should laugh more especially at ourselves. Stop taking yourself so damn serious.
  24. I believe that life is too long to drink cheap beer or cheap Scotch.
  25. I believe that my children and my wife are gifts from God.
  26. I believe that everyone should know what they believe and why.
  27. I believe labor unions are important for representing their members to their employers.
  28. I believe that labor unions have too much political influence.
  29. I believe in smaller government.
  30. I believe that until the government can manage its money better than me, they shouldn't have more of mine or anyone else's for that matter.
  31. I believe the 10 Commandments are an excellent guide to live your life by.
  32. I believe that we should all take a stand. "Take a stand for something, or fall for anything."

So am I a right winger? I don't know. I think some of my beliefs would make me a liberal. Some might think a libertarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment