WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS:AMSOIL INC. of Superior, Wisconsin (“AMSOIL” or “AMSOIL INC.”) hereby warrants that, at the time of sale, its lubricants are fit for use according to the written recommendations of AMSOIL and in applications for which one or more of the specifications set forth in the product data bulletins and product labels are specified. AMSOIL further warrants its products to be free of defective materials, design and workmanship.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND GENERAL DISCLAIMER:
• This warranty only applies to AMSOIL lubricants for which AMSOIL does not offer a separate, specific warranty.• This warranty applies only to AMSOIL lubricants that are packaged by AMSOIL or an authorized AMSOIL packager and sold by AMSOIL or an authorized AMSOIL Dealer.
• The liability of AMSOIL shall be limited to:
- Replacement of the defective lubricant.
- The cost, including labor and materials, to repair, or at the option of AMSOIL, to replace damaged components
lubricated by AMSOIL products according to AMSOIL recommendations.
AMSOIL’S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURE, SALE, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, TECHNICAL DIRECTIONS OR RECOMMENDATION OF ANY LUBRICANT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE PRODUCT(S) WERE USED. IN NO CASE SHALL AMSOIL BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF OTHER PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, COST OF CAPITAL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LODGING, TOWING OR COST OF REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT. THE REMEDIES TO THE PURCHASER HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:• AMSOIL lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment. Examples of mechanically deficient equipment include
flawed or defective equipment due to abnormal operation, negligence, abuse, previous damage, or improper modification,
including use of components other than those from AMSOIL or AMSOIL aftermarket partners.
• Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of AMSOIL.
• Repair or replacement of equipment because of normal wear.
• Failure of equipment when AMSOIL lubricants are not used in strict accordance with either the written recommendations of AMSOIL INC. or the OEM for warranty coverage. The customer or user is solely responsible for determining a product’s merchantability or fitness (“suitability”) for a particular purpose and assumes all risks and liabilities when used other than in strict accordance with either the written recommendations of AMSOIL or the OEM for warranty coverage.
• AMSOIL lubricants used in any manned aircraft or aviation application.
• AMSOIL lubricants that have been used for the purposes of racing.
• AMSOIL lubricants that have been used without the written approval of AMSOIL INC. in applications where the OEM-required lubricant specifications do not match those stated by AMSOIL.
• AMSOIL lubricants contaminated after leaving the AMSOIL premises. Examples include contamination due to improper handling, re-packaging, storage or filtration and contamination from dirty dispensing equipment.
• Any allegedly defective AMSOIL lubricant for which a reasonable sample has not been preserved.
• AMSOIL lubricants that have been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by AMSOIL INC.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO MAKE A CLAIM:• We require an eight (8) ounce representative oil sample taken from the failed equipment and put into a clean, dry container
for warranty claims filed with AMSOIL.
• You must first file a warranty claim with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) if the warranty is still in effect.
• You must provide a written copy of the OEM warranty denial if denial is based on use of an AMSOIL lubricant.
• You must notify AMSOIL INC. at (715) 399-8324 within 30 days of failure or alleged defect. In the alternative, you may mail a claim notice, along with the OEM denial to AMSOIL INC., ATTN: Technical Services, One AMSOIL Center, Superior, WI 54880, postmarked within 30 days of failure or alleged defect.
• You must keep the failed parts for inspection by AMSOIL INC. unless given to the OEM.
• You must additionally mail, at your expense, the following to AMSOIL INC., ATTN: Technical Services, One AMSOIL Center, Superior, WI 54880:
- The eight (8) ounce representative oil sample (see above).
The AMSOIL Home Page
The AMSOIL Online Store.
Online Product Application Guide
AMSOIL Dealer Information Request Form:
AMSOIL Retail-On-The-Shelf and Commercial Account Information Request Form:
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Registration Form: